Statement of Purpose
- Understand the scope of the town's legal responsibilities.
- Recommend the use of restricted funds managed by the town at the appropriate locations and for the appropriate purposes.
- Match donated funds identified with specific names for grave maintenance to the appropriate site, where possible.
- Assess the needs for graveyards in town for which neither restricted nor unrestricted funds have been used for maintenance.
- Ensure that soldiers' graves are maintained at State standards at a minimum.
- In cooperation with the Select Board, oversee work at all sites.
- Recommend annual budget for both Town and restricted funds.
- Report at least semi annually to the board.
The Cemetery Committee meets Quarterly on the first Wednesday of the month at 10:00 am, at the Central Fire Station