Located at 25 Balltown Lane – behind the Town Office, near the Sand/Salt shed.
Open Saturdays - 8:00 AM to Noon
Town Office # 207-549-5175
You can also keep updated about the recycling on the Whitefield Recycling Center FB page at https://www.facebook.com/WhitefieldRecycling/
“There is no such thing as ‘away’. When we throw anything away it must go somewhere.” – Annie Leonard, Greenpeace USA
Do your part in reducing waste. Before you get ready to throw items away, check out our list to see what you could be recycling instead.
In addition to lessening the amount of produced waste, recycling also reduces the cost of trash disposal. By recycling you are conserving energy, resources, and money!
- Glass – Jars & Bottles only, clean all and separate by color: clear, brown, or green. NO light bulbs, drinking glasses, window glass or Pyrex.
- Tin & Aluminum Cans – remove labels and rinse. Jar lids and aluminum can also be recycled.
- #2 Plastic - clear and colored #2 plastic only. Rinse all, remove caps & lids.
- Rigid Plastics – includes 5-gallon buckets, plastic lawn chairs, milk & soda crates, landscape trays, coolers, toys, pet carriers, VHS tapes, CD & DVD cases, garbage cans. NO PVC or styrofoam.
- Newspaper – includes magazines, catalogs, and phone books.
- Mixed Paper – includes clean paper, envelopes, cereal boxes, junk mail, dairy cartons. NO paper towels, tissue, or plastic feed bags.
- Corrugated, Cardboard and paper bags – Flatten all boxes, remove tape and staples.
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs – will not be accepted if broken, hand directly to attendant.
- Rechargeable batteries, cell phones, eyeglasses – includes nickel cadmium, nickel metal hydride, lithium ion, nickel zinc, small, sealed lead, and all cell phones.
- Returnable Bottles - may be left as a donation to support local projects.
- Electronic Waste – computers, monitors, tv’s, printers, fax machines, portable DVD players, etc.